San Jose State University Articulation Agreement

The available articulation agreements as well as the general education articulation agreements (GE) can be found below. GE course articulation agreements can only be found on the GE Breadth or TES links below. Students must take basic courses and two courses in kinesiology activities. These three sections of the university requirements can in many cases be transferred from another college or university to the SJSU. For more information, see the sections for California Community College students, students from another CSU, and students from other universities below. Articulation is the process that connects two educational institutions to allow students a smooth transition from a community college to a college or university without having to take duplicate courses. Articulation agreements for San Jose City College can be found at ASSIST. ASSIST is the official articulation repository for California`s public colleges and universities, providing the most accurate and up-to-date information on transferable courses in California. San Jose State University has transfer course agreements with more than 130 public colleges and universities in California. SJSU has additional articulation agreements beyond California public schools, which can be found on the GE Breadth and Transfer Evaluation System (TES) links below.

During this process, the courses of the adult education center are identified as comparable to those of the lower department of the university. This allows students to meet a subordinate academic requirement by taking an identified comparable course or an „articulated course“ at the community college. „Articulated courses“ can be applied to general requirements for the scope of instruction, as well as to important preparation requirements for the college or university to which a student wishes to be transferred. Some „articulated courses“ are marked as electives only. General Education Scope Agreements consist of current courses that a student can take at a California community college or other CSU to meet the requirements of California State University General Education-Width. International agreements on equality between societies and women can be found at the bottom of GE`s Breadth page. Current degree programs/majors with program-specific transfer agreements with public institutions in California (California Community Colleges (CCC), California State Universities (CSU) or University of California (UC)). If possible, these courses should be completed prior to the transfer. For more information on moving from San Jose City College to a four-year college/university, visit the San Jose City College Transfer Center.

SJSU focuses primarily on securing articulation agreements with California community colleges, as these are our elementary schools. Most of these agreements identify California community college courses that can be used in place of an SJSU course to meet some key requirements of the division below SJSU. From university to university and other regionally accredited college and university joints are not our top priority. This is an online tool that shows how course credits earned at a california public college/university can be applied when transferred to another. These are lists of courses at public colleges or universities in California (CCC, CSU, or UC) that are accepted for specific courses at San Jose State University. These articulation agreements apply ONLY to the primary or ancillary requirements of the SJSU. They do not apply to GE`s requirements. The CCC, CSU and UC articulation agreements for GE can be found on the Ge Breadth or TES link below. Many CA community college transfer students have completed Lower Division (Basic GE) general education courses at their home college. This may have been achieved through a CSU GE agreement or the IGETC agreement. If a student has a full certification by the csu GE Breadth or IGETC, he/she has met the requirements for the core GE DE courses.

Students should consult with their community college advisor to plan courses to complete these certifications. In addition to the TAA/TAG program, San Jose City College offers major transfer/agreement courses with many other universities, California State University, and private/independent institutions. Please see the articulation page for other agreements. With MyProgress, students, consultants, and reviewers can determine which requirements a student has met and which requirements are still open. The progress report complies with academic requirements (university, GE and major) with a student`s individual academic records. Formal verification of compliance with your graduation requirements is done by the credential evaluators. San Jose State University has transfer course agreements with more than 130 public colleges and universities in California. Note that not all courses are transferred automatically. Please visit the articulation page for the most up-to-date details on credit transfer. SJSU articulation agreements are formal agreements between a transfer campus and SJSU. They define how courses taken at a transfer school can be used to meet an SJSU requirement. San Jose State University`s Academic Catalog is the official source of the university`s institutional mission and learning objectives, academic policies and procedures, majors and programs (including lists of key starting terms and CIP codes and abandoned majors), and course descriptions.

Students are encouraged to use the catalog when planning their path to graduation. Articulated course agreements CCC, CSU, UC are listed by school or grouped by discipline/academic department. San Jose City College has joint agreements with various four-year institutions, including the University of California (UC), California State University (CSU), private and non-state colleges/universities. | MyProgress | MyRoadmap | MyGPS | MyPlanner MyScheduler Additional Associate Degree for transfer information, including appropriate SJSU degrees, are available here: This means that although these courses are transferred, they do not meet a general range of studies or important preparation requirements. Students receive credits for elective courses. All students must complete SJSU (formerly Advanced GE) studies at SJSU. .

Veröffentlicht am